fredag 12 november 2010

Day 01 – Introduce yourself

Wow, this is going to be harder than I first expected. How do you decide on what is relevant and what you really want to let complete strangers know. Although, some of you readers that has left several comments (and some of you with blogs of your own) doesn't feel like complete strangers to me. So let's start, shall we.

I think the photo (captured with my crappy webcam) represents me really well- in front of the computer, with headphones on and, off course, with a wide smile on my face. Like most of you know, my name is Veronica and I turned 30 earlier this year. I live in a flat with my two cats, Brutus and Bina (I'll show you pictures of them further down, it's only fair) and about 50 plants of different kinds. Yes, apart from beauty products, I just love plants. I grow everything and I love to tend them- that is pure therapy. The japanese sure did know what they we're doing when they started their zen gardens. I was employed as a consultant at a company that went bankruped about 1½ years ago now. I didn't work there for long though but it was my first job and I was proud of it. When I was let go I resumed my studies and now I'm a fulltime student at Karlstad University. I'm currently studying litterature (and it's history) but after this term I'll probably start studying english since I'm going to get qualifications to apply for the translation programme (or courses) at Stockholm university. So, that means a big move for me which is scary but also very exciting. And it's a year away from now so I have time to get used to the idea.

I've been part of a swedish site devoted entirely to the author J.R.R. Tolkien (Swedens biggest Tolkien site actually!!) where I wrote articles for our weekly online magazine. We had our big time when Peter Jackson's movies where released but afterwards the site sort of lost more and more visitors and interest from the general public. And with that most of the interest to publish anymore magazines stopped which meant that no more articles where written (at least by me).

I'm a complete nerd when it comes to things that interest me. I seem to memorize everything which is sometime frustrating. You see, I can memorize every silly detail about Twin Peaks (apart from the number of Agent Cooper's hotel room) but any kind of math seem to pass straight through my head without leaving any kind of impression.

I've always been a lover of horror movies and horror stories. I can't remember how or why this strange lovestory started but it must have been something I was born with. I read my first Stephen King book (Pet sematary) when I was 9 or 10 and after that I was hooked on his book. It's actually a love that's still strong. When he was hit by a car in 1999 I was truly devastated. It sounds silly but I was. Even though King has written a lot of horror classics (and a lot of them have been turned into crappy movies), the works I consider to be his masterpieces is his series about the Dark Tower. If you haven't read them (I think it's about 10 books or so) then you definatly should beacuse they are amazing, truly amazing. I'm going to write a longer piece about the Dark towers series another day though. But Stephen King isn't my absolute favourite even though he has been my "companion" for the absolute longest. The author that's highest on my personal favourite list is Clive Barker, the man who created Hellraiser. He hasn't written as much as King has but his works has a deep quality and they appeal to the horrorlover in me. A female author I also love is Mo Hayder, an english woman who isn't so famous here in Sweden. She doesn't write horror though, they are more thrillers or detective stories, but they have a sense of horror in them. Especially her new series on "the walking man".

Another thing that's really typical of me is that I have a tendency to drift from the subject once I get started. But I have a feeling that you already know, don't you?

Oh, apparently blogger has something up it's... behind right now so I can't include a photo of the cats. But I will include them somewhere just as soon as blogger decides to cooperate.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Lämna gärna en liten kommentar för det glädjer alltid.